Friday, June 1, 2012

Welcome Home 172nd




As I was driving down our street I noticed all the yellow ribbons were up to welcome the troops home. Then I saw a little girl running out her door with a homemade "Welcome Home Daddy" sign.

I got a little teary eyed to be honest. I remember my father serving in Desert Storm and he was gone quite a bit too. I  was so happy to see the little girl reunite with her father who has been deployed for the last year. A lot changes and as a daddy’s girl, I was heartbroken every time my dad had to leave.

I am so thankful for this country and the values of freedom and patriotism my family installed in me. We are citizens to one of the most wonderful countries in the world. Yes we may not have all the neat history that Europe may have but our citizens have their freedom and agency to act on their own accord.

For all those who serve and for those that support the service member THANK YOU!!! And WELCOME HOME 172nd you were missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment